Saturday, March 12, 2016

Latest Crush

Lately, I have been crushing on a new mind set (minimalism ala KonMari method)






and a new appliance, THE INSTANT POT (an electric pressure cooker).

Why would the two actually be part of the same process you ask?  The Kon Mari method focuses on living with less, discarding the old, only having the items that "spark joy" and I just purchased yet another kitchen appliance.

Well, the Instant Pot Duo is actually a 7 in 1 appliance.  It is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, sauce pan, rice maker, yoghurt maker extraordinaire.  Works beautifully, in less time--might I add, so I got rid of the old--cranky--occasionally non functional equipment such as my ancient zojirushi rice cooker (intermittent connection with finicky cord) and round crock pot with the missing knob as well as two stove top pressure cookers that I was afraid to use and replaced it with one super duper, fantastic, easy to use kitchen miracle worker!!!!

I have created space on my counter top as well as in my cupboards.  Cooking takes up less time!!!!  Enjoying some new recipes.  Yum, yum.

I purchased my Instant Pot from Amazon.  Here is the link.

Instant Pot Link

I made wings last night and will do so again (in preparation for spring break CK coming home).  I plan to post the recipe and pics (promise!!!!).

Can't say enough about this produce and can't say enough about the KonMari method.  Really allows for space, calm, and peace.  When you think about it, surrounding yourself with only thing that "spark joy" improves your living space immensely.

I was fortunate that colleagues in my office space were all in the same journey at the same time, so we were able to support and celebrate efforts.  Examine obstacles.  Offer solutions.  Let me tell you, this is the way to go.

Word of caution, don't let hoarders bring you down.  They will TRY.  Persevere.  You can do it.  Remember that "storage experts are hoarders"  LCMOTU, page 22.

I will leave you with a quote from the Marie Kondo book.

"A dramatic reorganization of the home causes correspondingly-dramatic changes in lifestyle and perspective"

See you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment