Sunday, February 22, 2015

I guess I finally figured out what they mean by, "It's a dog's life."
Pepper is our dog. She is a rescued dalmatian. When I mean rescued, I mean RESCUED. She was found tied to a pole on busy route 17 with a toy and a water bowl. My kids felt we needed a new pet. Of course they did!!!!!!! Neither of them lives at home full time anymore........ She came into my life at a very dark and challenging time for me. I did not think I could take care of myself, let along someone else, but she is loving, low maintenance, and sheds, sheds, and sheds some more. I had always heard that Dalmatians were clean dogs, but probably the worse shedders. Lots and lots of white hair everywhere. The only way we can control it is by washing her very regularly. I discovered a wonderful business in town. It used to be called Bark n Bubbles, now it is Dirty Paws I have included the link. http://dirtypawsdogwash.net. It is a full service dog grooming salon, but you can bring in your dog and wash/dry yourself for a lower price. Start to finish it takes 45 minutes and when I dry her, I see thousands of white hairs flying off (and not into my house). Anyway, back to the picture. My husband did not think she would sleep in a bed, but she rather loves her bed and it is located near a vent so is a very warm spot. My husband did not think she needed a blanket, but LOVES her blanket and snuggles up to nap when tucked in. What does he know.............

No comments:

Post a Comment