Saturday, April 18, 2015

Fried Rice Recipe

In keeping with the Japanese theme, I made my favorite rice recipe from Life in a Lofthouse blog.

Fried Rice Recipe



I modified it slightly this time because I had some leftover Easter ham and a few shrimp.  Definitely a keeper recipe.  I strongly recommend it.


 Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
★★★★★
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4-6 servings | Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:

3 cups leftover cooked rice (any kind--your preference)
3 TBSP sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
3 eggs, slightly beaten
4 tbsp soy sauce
Shrimp, however many you want to add
2 TBSP olive
1 cup cooked ham, diced into small squares


Directions:

In a separate frying pan, add olive oil and place on medium setting, add fresh or frozen (thawed shrimp) and salute 3-5 minutes until cooked.

In a wok, on medium high heat, heat the sesame oil. Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender.

Add the cooked shrimp

Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour eggs on the other side of skillet. Stir fry until scrambled.

Now add the rice, cooked, diced ham, and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated!

Source: http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/baked-sweet-and-sour-chicken-with-fried-rice/

Sent from Paprika Recipe Manager. http://www.paprikaapp.com

I love fried rice.  Spent many years finding this recipe.  This is as close to take out fried rice as it gets.  Also, I like that you can modify the ingredients for a different twist without ruining the taste.  It is very basic, really.  I was surprised at how little the ingredient list is, but the flavors really come together.  It is one of those recipes that even tastes better the next day, or even COLD!!!!!  How good is that??????


My pics don’t do it justice.  Currently my seedlings have taken over my “Photo Booth” in the mud room, but I am planning on planting my tomatoes this weekend, so should have the space and (more importantly) the lighting to take decent photos next week.  







Speaking of gardens, mine is really coming along.  The potatoes are coming up.  Onions are getting bigger.  Kale and mesclun are growing.  Radish tops are bid.  Radicchio looks like it might live.  My carrots are doing nothing.  Shallots are shooting up.  The herb ladder is really taking off.  I am going to have to add two shelves to make room for all the new herbs I have been adding.  Will take some pics this weekend and post in my blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment