Wednesday, March 11, 2015

At the Movies!!!!

Time for Movie Review. Pop the corn. Kick up your feet. This is a good one.........
I rented The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel from Amazon last night. I will admit that I wasn't too keen on the movie when it came out, but due to a lull created by Downton Abbey Finale, I have been yearning to see familiar faces. Maggie Smith scored!!! She was great. Penelope Wilton's character was tough to like. Love Bill Nighy. Dev Patel so much fun. A recurring theme is best described by Dev when he ??quotes an Indian Proverb "In India, we have a saying everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end." I have seen it attributed to John Lennon also, but what the heck..... True is true no matter where it comes from. It makes me feel hopeful after a long day, as in today. It makes me feel hopeful when I look at my house and despair at what needs to be done, cleaning, organizing, throwing out, planning, decorating, etc. It makes me feel hopeful when I can't fix a patient. Hope for a cure for diabetes, because at this point it is still about managing it. The scenery is also wonderful. Very colorful. Very warm. You could almost smell the spicy curry. Made me wish for my very own Best Exotic Marigold Hotel............

No comments:

Post a Comment