Sunday, March 29, 2015

Meat lover's paradise

Okay, so getting back to dinner out.  B picked me up from work and after waiting in the car outside Quilting Adventures for 45 minutes, I told him that I had planned a "treat" for him.  I made reservations earlier in the day at Texas de Brazil, in Richmond, VA.  I believe these are a franchise and many locations through out the US, but had heard rave reviews about this place, in terms of service, taste, ambiance, etc.



I am not a real meat lover, but for the price, I developed a strategy--easy on the carbs leaves more room for the pricier meat.  The buffet had shrimp and salmon.  The soup was lobster bisque.  No breads or mashed potatoes.  The filet mignon and the beef ribs melted in your mouth.  The lamb was exquisite.  The pork was slightly dry and my least favorite.  The flank steak and sirloin was relish!!!!  The chicken wrapped in bacon was ok.

Pace yourself when you go and you can take advantage of everything.

I don't go out often, in fact almost never.  It was worth the treat (and the price), and if I was planning something special for B (or any meat lover) in the far future, I would consider it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment